The Rocket City Marathon training program is composed of a 16 week schedule that is designed to guide intermediate runners to accomplish their first marathon finish or improve their current marathon time. This training program will help you to prepare for the Rocket City Marathon by providing motivation and coaching throughout speed work, endurance long runs, and more. This challenging program will offer several program benefits listed below.
-Goal Race: Rocket City Marathon on Saturday, December 8, 2018 at 7 AM
-Registration Now Open
-Kick Off Date: Wednesday, August 15, 2018 at 7 PM
-Training Start Date: Saturday, August 25, 2018
-Training Location and Times:
-Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings from Fleet Feet Sports and surrounding areas
Sign up early and save!
Use the promo code EARLYBIRD for $20 off through May 31, 2018.
Use the promo code SAVE10 for $10 off June 1 through July 31, 2018.
- Two coached training sessions each week with knowledgeable, experienced, and motivating coaches
- Weekly long run group training session
- Speed training with Dink Taylor
- Experienced coaches and mentors to support you along the way
- Training schedule for 16 weeks
- Personalized training intensities based on speed work times
- Education on proper form, pacing, fueling, stretching, and more
- Tech training shirt
- Hydration at all workouts
- Exclusive Fleet Feet Sports discounts
- Weekly newsletter from the coach with tips, advice, and motivation/encouragement
- One free 30 minute session on Normatec
- Training program registration fee - $200
- Fleet Feet gift cards can be applied toward training program registration
- No refunds, no exchanges, and no transfers at any time.
- Must be at least 14 years of age
- Training fee does not include race entry fee.
- Race registration coming this Summer
Saturday, December 8, 2018 at 7 AM
Rocket City Marathon
Event Location: Downtown Huntsville, AL.
Huntsville Track Club Event: http://www.huntsvilletrackclub.org/index2.htm
Race Website and Registration: runrocketcity.com
-Run/walk under a 12 minute per mile pace
-By the end of July, participants should be able to comfortably run 20+ miles a week and a 10 mile long run.
-Due to the Rocket City Marathon cut-off time of 6 hours, training participants will have either completed a half marathon in 2:51:00 or a 10K in 1:16:00 within a year prior to registration.
-We do recommend that you check with your doctor before starting a fitness program
If you have specific questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.