TRI 101 is a beginner's triathlete program! This 16 week program is geared towards the new triathlete covering swim technique, cycling safety and gearing, run technique, transition, nutrition, injury prevention, stretching and more. It will be a complete training program developed by experienced and certified coaches to guide you to the goal of a sprint distance triathlon (400 meter pool swim, 7 mile bike, 3.1 mile run). Our goal race is the Huntsville Sprint Triathlon on August 11, 2018. Best of all, this is a welcoming environment, where all paces, ages (16 and above), sizes and experience levels are welcome! YES YOU CAN!
Kickoff: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 at 7pm
Training Starts: Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 6pm
Weekly Training: Tuesday evenings at 6pm
Alternate Training: Additional Weekend Pool Swim Sessions (Announced in April) and other alternate trainings TBA
Locations: Fleet Feet Sports, Jones Valley Wellness Center Pool, Various Locations in Huntsville and Madison
Goal Race: Huntsville Sprint Triathlon
Early Bird: $155 through 11/30 (Use Code: FFHSVTRI20)
Required Activity Prior to Start:
You must be able to walk 1 mile, ability to get across 1 length of a pool (25 yards) with no fear of putting your face in the water and have access to a bike several times a week. This is truly a program for beginners! You must be at least 16 years of age and understand traffic laws. Also, you must be a US citizen, due to training sessions that access Redstone Arsenal. It is imperative that you meet these minimum requirements!
Overall Program Benefits
- 16 week training plan
- Access to a ITCA or USAT Certified Coach for questions on your training plan
- Race Day Simulation
- No athlete left behind policy!
- Access to Physical Therapists through Nesin Physical Therapy
- Education on training, proper form, transition, conditioning, fueling, injury prevention and more
- Weekly newsletter from your Coach with education, tips and motivation
- Meet new friends aiming for the same goal
- Becoming a TRIATHLETE at the end!
- 4 Coached Pool Swim Sessions
- Coaches to offer feedback on swim questions
- Exclusive Bike Fit Clinic with Physical Therapist & Bike Shop Fitter
- Bike Gears Coaching
- Bike Flat Clinic
- Bike Fit discount with local and experienced bike shop
- Coaches at various cycling speeds
- Good Form Running Clinic
- Coaches at various run and run/walk paces
Transition & Nutrition Benefits
- Nutrition Clinic with a Certified Professional
- Transition Simulation & Coaching
Exclusive Gear & Discounts
- Training Shirt
- Water Bottle
- Swim Cap
- Exclusive Fleet Feet Discounts
- Exclusive Bike Shop Discount
- Register here!
- Registration: $155-$175
- Fleet Feet gift cards can be applied toward training program registration
- No refunds, no exchanges, and no transfers at any time
- Must be at least 16 years old & understand the rules of the road
- Must be a US citizen due to training rides on government property
- Training fee does not include race entry fee
What You'll Need:
- Bike: Any bike will do to help you complete the course. There are benefits to having road bikes vs. mountain bikes, but if you have a properly working & well-fitting bike in your garage, that is all you need!
- Bike gear: Helmet that is free of defects and cracks is required. Reflective vest. Blinking light. Other bike accessories, such as a pump are beneficial as well.
- Run gear: If you have not been fitted for shoes, please visit Fleet Feet for a free fitting!
- Swim gear: Bathing suit and goggles. While visiting Fleet Feet, they can guide you on choosing the right pair of goggles to fit your face well. A swim cap will be provided at kick-off.
- Exercise mat: To help you become a more conditioned athlete, we will be doing some strengthening and core conditioning.
Goal Race Details:
Nesin Physical Therapy will be providing expertise to your training through experienced Physical Therapists attending sessions, giving you someone to ask questions to, exercise recommendations & the correct way to perform certain exercises/stretches, etc. If you are experiencing any physical issues, no matter how small, prior to our training to start, please visit Nesin Therapy for a consultation & let them know you'll be in our programs so they can get you well in no time!