Click here to register for the Rocket City Marathon training program!
Would you like some help training for the Rocket City Marathon?
The Rocket City Marathon training program is composed of an 18 week schedule that is designed to guide intermediate runners to accomplish their first marathon finish or improve their current marathon time.This training program will help you to prepare for the Rocket City Marathon on Saturday, December14, 2013 by providing motivation and coaching throughout speed work, endurance long runs, and more. This challenging program will offer several program benefits listed below.
- Written training schedules
- Nike Tech shirt
- Physical Therapy consulting from Nesin Therapy
- Weekly group training sessions
- Weekly informational e-mail updates
- Exclusive discounts to Fleet Feet Sports
- Experienced coaching at all group workouts
- Energy replacement drinks and water at workouts
- Personalized training intensities based on speed work times
- Running schedules developed by RRCA coach Christy Scott.
- Education on proper form, fueling, pacing, stretching and more!
- 10 weeks of speed training with Dink Taylor from September 3rd- November 5th
- Special Graduation Party
- VIP area at the marathon start and finish
Training Program Details
Registration opens: Sunday, May 26, 2013
Kick off date: Tuesday, July 30th, 2013
Training start date: Saturday, August 3, 2013
Training location and times: Fleet Feet Sports, Rocket City Marathon course, Monte Sano, and surrounding areas.
Speed training location: Grissom track, Fleet Feet Sports, and surrounding areas at 6 p.m. on Tuesday - starting September 3rd - November 5th
Price: July 1st-July 30th: $225
-Training program size: 100 participants
Required activity prior to the Fleet Feet Sports marathon training group
We want you to be successful with your marathon training and be able to beat the 6 hour marathon cut off time. The following are pre-requisites for the marathon training program:
- Run/walk under a 12 minute per mile pace
- Participants must be at least 14 years of age to register.
- By the end of July, participants should be able to comfortably run 20+ miles a week and a 10 mile long run.
- Due to the Rocket City Marathon cut-off time of 6 hours, training participants will have either completed a half marathon in 2:51:00 or a 10K in 1:16:00 within a year prior to registration.
- Need to be injury free and cleared by your doctor