At Fleet Feet Sports our goal is to provide the most comprehensive and motivational walking and running training programs in the country.
These programs cater to the local community, but are part of a national network.
Fleet Feet Sports training participants will feel a sense of inclusiveness and belonging while safely meeting fitness goals.
Check out this line up of training programs!
No Boundaries 5k Training
- Walkers welcome
- Accountability to start and stick with an exercise plan
- No experience necessary
- Learn to run using a run/walk method
- Geared for beginners
- Sponsored by New Balance
10k Finish/10k Fast
Ditto Landing 10k
- Have accomplished the 5k distance
- Help better a previous race time
- Weekly mileage should currently be ten miles or more
Half Marathon Training
Huntsville Half Marathon
- Run with a pace of 14 minutes per mile or faster
- Schedule will allow flexibility for advanced, intermediate and novice
- Must commit to run/walk at least 3 days a week (includes Saturday group workouts)
Rocket City Marathon
- Run with a pace of 12 minutes per mile or faster
- Must commit to running 3 to 5 days a week (includes Saturday group workouts)
- Weekly mileage should be close to 20 miles a week when training begins
- Due to the Rocket City Marathon cut-off time of 6 hours, training participants will have either completed a half marathon in 2:51:00 or a 10K in 1:16:00 within a year prior to registration.
- Sponsored by Brooks
- Goal races are 4 miles or 15k
- Great for those who are new to trail running
Obstacle Course Run Training
- Should be able to comfortable run or run/walk 3 miles prior to start of training
- Have maintained a consistent strength training routine prior to start of training
- Should be a graduate of Tri 201 or have completed an Olympic distance triathlon
- 12 week training plan
- 2-4 monthly group training sessions including open water swims and outdoor training rides