Would you like some help training for the the Huntsville Half Marathon?
Run your way to your first half marathon finish or improve your current time by joining the Fleet Feet Huntsville 12 week training program.The program is designed for intermediate runners that are looking to accomplish the half marathon distance or want to improve their half marathon performance. These sessions enhance the training by offering peer support, and mentor coaching through endurance and speed work outs.
- Training schedules
- Weekly coaches email
- Participant Tech Shirt
- Weekly long run group training sessions
- Experienced coaching at all group workouts
- Energy replacement drinks and water at workouts
- Education on proper form, fueling, pacing, stretching, and more!
- 10 weeks of speed training with Dink Taylor from September 3rd-November 5th
- Sponsored by Results Physiotherapy. Results Physiotherapy will provide free injury screenings throughout the program
Training Program Details:
-Registration Opens: Sunday, May 26, 2013
-Kick off: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 at 7 PM
-Training Start Date: Saturday, August 17th, 2013
-Location and times: Long runs will be at Fleet Feet, Monte Sano, Huntsville Half Marathon course, and downtown on Saturdays at a time 6 AM
-Speed training location: Grissom track, Fleet Feet Sports, and surrounding areas at 6 PM from September 3rd- November 5th
-Price: May 26th-May 31st: $130
June 1st-June 30th: $140
July 1st-August 13th: $150
-Training Program Size: 50 Participants
-Meet your coaches by visiting HERE!
Suggested level of activity prior to the Half Marathon training
We want you to be successful with your half marathon training so be sure you meet the following suggestions:
- Run with a pace of 12 minutes per mile or faster
- Have raced a 10K within a year prior to goal race day
- Start the training program by being able to comfortably run 15+ miles per week and a 5 mile distance for a long run.
- Need to be injury free and cleared by your doctor
- Must be at least 14 years of age to register
Results Physiotherapy will be providing expertise to your training through experienced Physical Therapists attending sessions, giving you someone to ask questions to, exercise recommendations & the correct way to perform certain exercises/stretches, etc. And they'll have some great prizes to give away to our participants as well! If you are experiencing any physical issues, no matter how small, prior to our training to start, please visit Results Physiotherapy for a consultation & let them know you'll be in our programs so they can get you well in no time!
If you have specific questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org