Would you like some help training for aHalf Marathon?
Run your way to your first half marathon finish or improve your current time by joining the Fleet Feet Huntsville 12 week training program. The program is designed for intermediate runners that are looking to accomplish the half marathon distance or want to improve their half marathon performance. These sessions enhance the training by offering peer support, and mentor coaching through endurance and speed work outs.
- Weekly coaches email
- Participant Tech Shirt
- Weekly long run group training sessions
- Experienced coaching at all group workouts
- Energy replacement drinks and water at workouts
- Education on proper form, fueling, pacing, stretching, and more!
- 10 weeks of speed training with Dink Taylor
Training Program Details:
-Registration Opens: Tuesday, October 29, 2013
-Kick Off: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 at 7 PM
-Training Start Date: Saturday, February 1, 2014
-Location and Times: Long runs will be at Fleet Feet, Monte Sano, and downtown on Saturdays at a time 6 AM
-Speed Training Location: Grissom track, Fleet Feet Sports, and surrounding areas at 6 PM on Tuesday
-Training Program Size: 50 Participants
-Goal Race: Oak Barrel Half Marathon, April 5, 2014
Suggested level of activity prior to the Half Marathon training
We want you to be successful with your half marathon training so be sure you meet the following suggestions:
- Run with a pace of 12 minutes per mile or faster
- Have raced a 10K within a year prior to goal race day
- Start the training program by being able to comfortably run 15+ miles per week and a 5 mile distance for a long run.
- Need to be injury free and cleared by your doctor
- Must be at least 14 years of age to register
If you have specific questions, please email email@example.com