(Already signed up? Click the Training banner above to enter the site)
Fleet Feet Gift Certificates can now be used to purchase Training Programs!
Call store for details how to redeem your Gift Certificate.
What is Next Steps?
Fleet Feet Sport's Next Steps program is designed for people who want to conquer the Next Step after achieving the 5k distance.
Starting this Spring, join Fleet Feet Sports to accomplish finishing your first 10k. This program is geared toward moderately active runners, but welcomes anyone who has already accomplished the 5k distance. There will be both running pace groups and run/walk pace groups so that there will be a running partner at any level of intensity in the program. Next steps is an 11 week training program that builds runners up to reaching their 10K distance goal while also providing you with motivation to keep you moving, guidance and advice, weekly group training runs , and educational clinics on topics such as proper nutrition, choosing the right gear, and avoiding injury. Plus, you’ll have the camaraderie of others just like you.
The Next Step Training Program will offer the following:
- A complete 11-week training program and calendar with detailed workouts provided
- A coached training session each week with knowledgeable, experienced, & motivating coaches
- Informational clinics on proper footwear, injury prevention, and nutrition with local speakers in the profession
- Weekly e-mail from the coach with tips, advice and motivation/encouragement
- Dedicated support from the coach to answer individual questions
- Weekly group alternate runs
- Training location is at Fleet Feet Sports and surrounding areas
- Coupon cards at the beginning of the program
- New Balance Tech shirt and other give-a-ways
- The opportunity to meet and build relationships with fellow runners that have the same goals and interests!
Training Program Inforamtion:
- Registration Opens: Wednesday, January 15, 2014
- Kick Off: Tuesday, March 4, 2014
- First Training Run: Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Group Runs: Wednesdays at 6:00PM at Fleet Feet Sports and Saturdays in surrounding areas
- Price: $100
Training Program Graduated at the Mercedes Benz Cotton Row. More 10K training opportunities coming soon!
Is Next Steps the program for you?
- Are looking for an opportunity to go beyond the 5k distance before tackling the half marathon distance
- Have already accomplished the 5k distance
- Looking for the an outlet to meet and train with runners with similar goals and mind sets
- Want to continue running, but needs a new challenge above the 5k distance
- If you can comfortably take on 8-12 miles/ week and run 4 miles as a long run, then you should consider the half marathon training program.
*Race registration fee is not included in Training program fee*
Run your first 10k!
Check out Triple Braided Nutrition and Wellness at triplebraided.com
Look here for current information on Nutrition and Wellness as well as specific’s related to nutrition and running! You can also participate in ongoing free monthly and seasonal challenges and/or sign up for more elaborate group challenges!
Sign up for workshops on a variety of “on trend” nutrition topics, or arrange for customized workshops and seminars at your office, home, church, or other venue. Wellness boot camps (weekly for 6 weeks) with 4-6 of your friends, family, or colleagues is a great way to get a tailored personal nutrition assessment along with support, accountability, and fun…all while covering nutrition, fitness, and wellness topics!
Julie Satterfeal, MS, RDN, LD is a registered and licensed dietitian nutritionist with 18 years of experience in nutrition and wellness. In her practice, Julie provides customized wellness programs and nutrition counseling for individuals and groups – as well as presenting seminars and workshops on topics including weight management, active lifestyles, and digestive health. As a mother of three, avid runner, and lover of everything (food, family, books, movies, music, home projects, organization, socializing/entertaining…) she also knows what it’s like to juggle!
2722 Carl T. Jones Dr., Suite 2B// Huntsville, AL. 35802