(Already signed up? Click the Training banner above to enter the site)
Fleet Feet Gift Certificates can now be used to purchase Training Programs!
Call store for details how to redeem your Gift Certificate.
When will the next Next Steps start?
The next Next Steps training program will open back up to train in Spring 2014! Stay tuned for more details!
What is Next Steps?
Fleet Feet Sport's Next Steps program is designed for people who want to conquer the Next Step after achieving the 5k distance.
Starting this Spring, join Fleet Feet Sports to accomplish finishing your first 10k. This program is geared toward moderately active runners, but welcomes anyone who has already accomplished the 5k distance. There will be both running pace groups and run/walk pace groups so that there will be a running partner at any level of intensity in the program. Next steps is a 10 week training program that builds runners up to reaching their 10k distance goal while also providing you with motivation to keep you moving, guidance and advice, weekly group training runs , and educational clinics on topics such as proper nutrition, choosing the right gear, and avoiding injury. Plus, you’ll have the camaraderie of others just like you.
The Next Step Training Program will offer the following:
- A complete 10-week training program and calendar with detailed workouts provided
- A coached training session each week with knowledgeable, experienced, & motivating coaches
- Informational clinics on proper footwear, injury prevention, and nutrition with local speakers in the profession
- Weekly e-mail from the coach with tips, advice and motivation/encouragement
- Dedicated support from the coach to answer individual questions
- Weekly group alternate runs
- Training location is at Fleet Feet Sports and surrounding areas
- Coupon cards at the beginning of the program
- Tech shirt and other give-a-ways
- The opportunity to meet and build relationships with fellow runners that have the same goals and interests!
- 1 Free pair of Swiftwick socks
Is Next Steps the program for you?
- Are looking for an opportunity to go beyond the 5k distance before tackling the half marathon distance
- Have already accomplished the 5k distance
- Looking for the an outlet to meet and train with runners with similar goals and mind sets
- Want to continue running, but needs a new challenge above the 5k distance
- If you can comfortably take on 8-12 miles/ week and run 4 miles as a long run, then you should consider the half marathon training program.
Event: Mercedes-Benz Cotton Row Run 10K on Monday, May 27, 2013 (In Training)
Training Program Registration Opens: Saturday, February 9, 2013
Price of Achieving First 10k: $110.00 per person
Kick off: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 7:00 pm
First Run: Wednesday, March 20 2013 at 6PM
Run your first 10k!
(2012 Next Steps Training Group)
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2722 Carl T. Jones Dr., Suite 2B// Huntsville, AL. 35802